Valentine’s Day is now right around the corner and talk of love is all around. At Petcube, we know that some of the strongest, most loving relationships people have is with their pets. But just how much do you love your pet? How does it affect your relationships? Can anything else beat snuggle time with your furry loved one? We took a survey and found out all that and more!
Do you show your pet more love than even your human partner? You are not alone! According to the first annual Petcube pet love Valentine’s Day survey, 84% of pet owners are just like you! And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
You’d never question getting your romantic partner a gift for Valentine’s Day – so why should your pet get overlooked? More than half of pet owners, 54% plan to buy their fur-babies a present this Valentine’s Day! That should make for a lot of happy pets come February 14.
This also squares with the “big data” from retailers. Of the $19.7 billion spent on Valentine’s Day gifts in 2016, $681 million went to pets, according to the
National Retail Foundation.
This year’s pet love survey also indicated the larger role pets play in relationships:
- 76% of people find a romantic partner more attractive if they’re pet friendly
- 9% have broken up with a partner over a pet
- 25% of people have taken their pet on a date
For more, check out our infographic below:
Read more posts about pets & love:
- Kisses and Co-Sleeping: How Close Should You and Your Pet Really Be?
- 5 Signs Your Cat Really Does Love You
- Ten Valentine’s Day Gifts To Share With Your Pet